Family Case Study #3
- Couple in their late 40’s and had 4 children.
- He was an executive in a large company and was earning substantial income and bonuses.
- He deferred a large portion of his annual bonuses and was anticipating a big tax event at retirement.
- Had highly appreciated investments that would need to be sold at some point in the future.
- Did not have any plans for a lifetime inheritance.
- They created a Giving Fund to set aside extra money for giving while they had excess income and needed the income tax deductions so they could give in their retirement years.
- We developed a strategic giving plan to give appreciated investments instead of cash, avoiding capital gains taxes.
- We utilized a Charitable Pooled Trust for the deferred income to minimize income taxes and provide an income stream for their retirement.
- We created a lifetime inheritance strategy allowing for their children to receive their entire inheritance during their lifetime.
Case studies are for informational and illustrative purposes only and not to be considered a guarantee of results.
Actual results will vary with each situation.